Head Chef Ron Wesson offers tips and tricks so that our at-home cooks can prepare their meal the Birchtree way!
- For reheating, allow food to come to room temp before putting in the oven
- Allow proteins to rest covered for 10 minutes prior to serving to absorb moisture from pan
- What to avoid reheating in a microwave: Vegetables with high amounts of nitrates. If you have spinach or any green leafy vegetables, carrot, turnip or even celery, avoid reheating them in the microwave
- Don't add oil to your pasta water, the sauce won't stick to the noodles.
- Add salt to the boiling water (1/2 tbs per quarter lbs pasta) this will prevent the boiling process from slowing down when the pasta is added.